Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Talking Stick, Sword, Didgeridoo aka Medicine Tools




This is my talking stick. When I asked an artist friend of mine to make it for me this is not what I wanted really. I wanted a small totem pole with a bird and rune symbols on it and I'll tell you why. Living out on the West Coast I'd had a revaluation about how the old shanam's (West Coast for Shaman) went deep into the dream and wondered how they got back. It's very difficult when you are traveling way way out doing inter-dimensional dream traveling to get home by way of an address but if one where to have a totem pole (all long houses had totem poles in front of them, and if everyone touches it over a long period of time then it would act as a beckon. The totem pole would be so bright from ancestral energy, you'd be able to see it from across the universe. Which is why I wanted a smaller version of my own one. 

Well that's not what occurred, haha! The joke was on me. My "Anglo" Artist friend went away and came back with this carving of a "Talking Stick."* Coyote Medicine is like that, it's the trickster and in  this case I'd been tricked.

I was napping on the couch in the living room of  my one bedroom apartment and had left my talking stick in my bedroom. It was 7pm when I woke from my nap and there floating straight up, not 3 feet from me was my talking stick. I inhaled with a start and she was gone. I immediately got up and ran to my bedroom to check on her and there she was sleeping quietly.

* A "talking stick" is used to practice listening and communicating. In many Native American tribes, people used a "talking stick" to make sure that each person had a turn to share his or her ideas and opinions with the rest of the group. The person holding the stick had the right to speak. 


Native American Legend : Traditional Talking Stick. - FirstPeople.us

https://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Legends/TraditionalTalkingStick-Unknown.html





The two-handed claymore was a large sword used in the late Medieval and early modern periods. It was used in the constant clan warfare and border fights with the English from circa 1400 to 1700.
Hilt type: Two-handed cruciform, with pommel
Used by: Highland Scots
Type: Sword
Blade type: Double-edged

I'd found this beauty in my back right down outta my spinal column. (Everyone has a sword in there back with two snake/serpent wrapped around it.) Of course the sword coming outta my back is an energetic one but what I do is go and find a real one (this is a replica).  It helps to "Pull the "Dream" which is when you see something in the dream and you get what you saw there and have it here. Of course its not the exact same one but its enough to pull what you saw in the dream and bring it here, this is called "Pulling The Dream," and low and behold the dream object is now in this reality with all its power. Once you start doing this on a regular basis the spirit's start to sit up and notice. It used to be done a long long time ago so when it happens now they are a wee bit shocked. I utilize my sword in the dream (seldom in this real time reality except for "Fire Rituals.") and when I do use it in the dream I use it more as a HEALING element than a weapon (fighting nasty business for me is a big nono, it just adds to the dysfunction and you get to wrapped up into a war that's been happening since the beginning of time. Much better to heal your foe). It mostly like a "Cadecus"* aka: A surgeons tool.

*The Rod of Asclepius symbol is often confused with the Caduceussymbol of commerce associated with the Greek god Hermes. ... In the Roman adaptation of the Greek pantheon, Hermes was identified with the Roman god Mercury

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiLkvTqtMvgAhXE5lQKHZoQCH8Qjhx6BAgBEAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F210684088803240924%2F&psig=AOvVaw1A9Sn8mOtzsAzvRvH-TBDK&ust=1550789915498910































didg·er·i·doo

Dictionary result for didgeridoo


an Australian Aboriginal wind instrument in the form of a long wooden tube, traditionally made from a hollow branch, which is blown to produce a deep, resonant sound, varied by rhythmic accents of timbre and volume

This is a Didgeridoo that's made outta PVC and was excellently designed for rain forest county. I love it
It's light and I can take it into the back country without worrying about weight and the sound does not
get effected by the damp weather. Plus it is soooo not PCish.
The sound out of her is so amazing. I used to play horns when
I was younger so making her sing is no problem and then I went
on youtube to learn how to "Circular Breathe".  I need more practice
but mostly I am able to do it and being mostly successful.

I love instruments like this one and my drums because they open
up the heart when you play. It has to do with breathing a lot and
the tone and vibration. Some days when I'm struggling I'll pull her
out and play away and in no time my whole body is vibrating. I
Highly recommend it as a personal healing tool.


















Duende (c)








No comments:

Post a Comment