Sunday, November 10, 2019

Magic of Raven



In silence by my own self, I pack up the bird, she's heavy, into my old F150 pickup and head 7km, up the mountain, up to the big sky, to the 70km view. Alone 4xs a year I reconnect with my creator, with my people, in silence by my own self. In Reverence, I adorn the bird, the serpent, the White Raven, the Phoenix, she is me, I am her. we begin to merge. Am I afraid? Yes and no, I know not what is about to happen for I am already gone, to the process of being sacred, lost in its power, its in me and out of me, its everywhere. I close eyes and see with my heart, I let the realm of possibilities seep in, I let go becoming fluid, open to the ancestors. I begin to sing, then dance, spiraling, up and down, the song, louder and louder, higher and higher. The sacred fills my whole body, the air around me, the mountain top, everywhere and everything is charged with the knowing of the unknown, the other worlds collide, my spirit has merged and I lift into the air...I'm going homing! I can feel them, I soar up through the stratosphere,  higher and higher, then...woosh into the dream, beyond the dream (is that possible? oh yes.) I am here and there. Home and home, below as above, I am magic and flying, serpent, White Raven, the Serpent and me. Light speed, lighting speed, intense spirituality, filling my heart with a complete sense of belonging, to my core. A calm so profound, full filled completely to the very depths of my soul, my being on fire. This is me, all of me in silence.

Mom: Dance and they will come

Me:    Mom, this is not the Field of Dreams.

Maybe it is. No ones showed up yet, but I can feel them, oh yes, yes I can. I can feel you, oh yes, yes I can.

~Spirit Salish Elder: Are YOU the White Raven?

Me: Yes.

Spirit Salish Elder: But ye the wrong color.

Me: I didn't know we had to be color coded. Hahaha

Spirit Salish Elder: You sarcastic, but funny.

I can hear Wise Old Dead Salish People Laughing.



~I walk quietly in the clear cut, nothing scared here, dead trees, cut to the bare bones. I walk quietly with Bella the Black Lab, she's happy, and me? Sad happy, to be walking this morning, to be alive, to breath, without the living forest, ahhhhhh sad me and then? I hear the woosh, woosh, woosh, WOOSH, WOOSH, as a giant Black Raven fly's over my head and into the distances, WOOSH WOOsh, woosh, woosh woosh  away from sight. I walk quietly in the clear cut, now everything is scared, dancing heart, beautiful magic. I call out to him/her, kaw kaw, KAW! Call, response, KAW is my answer, I'm busy says the Raven, I'll see you in your silence, in the dreams, in the visions, in your quiet sad  walk, I'll fly over head, now as before, with magic on my wings.




~"Kaw, Kaw" ...."Kaw, Kaw!" I like to believe that the Ravens know me. That they are my spirit friends. An Elder once told me "The animals they know you." And so I "Kaw, Kaw...Kaw!" out to my Feathered friends, wooshing by in the silence of a forest and better seen in a clear cut. When I talk to Raven It raises my whole being, and makes my heart and soul dance again, as it always has through out my life, lives. The connection is so wonderfully intense, I history with my brothers and sister of the sky, they are my family. So the other day I'm in play "Kaw, Kaw!" Wait for it, wait for it then...its a game we play, call and response and it comes back "KawKaw, doke doke doke" My turn Kawkawkaw....and then moments later KawKawkaw!" Its so beautiful, it lifts me into the air, my spirit fly's with them through the trees. Oh my imagination is an amazing thing. Don't get me wrong I totally think I'm silly but "Fuck it," I do it anyways and then....I'm walking down the deserted loging road with my clients black lab (Bella), we turn the corner...one side is lush moss rain forest, the other clear cut and in the lush trees, are 4 huge Black Ravens with four hoping down the road...Huge, as big as Eagles (Eagles are pretty big). Big Smiles from me, Bella races after them, I call her back, they don't care, they just hop into the air, landing 3 meters further ahead of Bella. They are laughing, I'm laughing, Bella is content, I'm with my Family. Why is it I seldom feel this free with humans?


~Elder Jake: Do you want to find your Totem Animal?

Me: Yes!

Elder Jake: Put food out and wait and what ever comes and eats it, is your Totem.

I  am vacationing on Gabriola Island, an extraordinary place with alot of old wealthy hippies, gorgeous, lush, super green rain forest, surrounded by the Salish Sea. I'd camped at the provincial site and almost froze my ass off  the night before, in Late August for god sake, today however the sun was out and  I was warming up. Eating my lunch burrito I decided to see who was my spirit animal, so I place half of my Lunch near the edge of the sea. Just to give an opportunity for the sea life to come and get it. In my imagination I picture an Eagle swooping down from the sky, or a Orca throwing itself onto the shore and eating my burrito...Lol...oh sometimes I get so carried away. Or a coyote, or a bear, or a mountain lion appearing out of no where. BUT a Raven dropped outta of the Sky and gobbled it up. Damit!! A Raven. OkAY I thought, I'll take it, but I'm not happy. Was I ever sadly mistaken.



~The chatter of the Raven's create a CACOPHONY drowning out the chirping of Eagles....It's Raven Country after all, Mother Fuckers!!



~Me: I'm the White Raven...Do you think they Know?

Lakota Spirit Elder: Who?

Me: The Ravens.

Lakota Spirit Elder: Why else do they talk to you?

Me: Of course!! Bwhahahhaha.

Lakota Spirit Elder: Why are you laughing?

Me: That's so obvious now that I think about it.







Duende Naddred (c) 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment